Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Last 2011 Post...

Hey stamping friends!

I spent a lot of time away from the stamp room during this Christmas vacation this year and also spent most of my time away from home.  It was a refreshing change of pace, and a much needed rest.  Anyway, I'm back to normal now and ready to begin 2012 with a new eye, new goals and dreams...SO to say farewell to 2011, I'm sharing one last post...

I created these two projects tonight-among other things to be shared in the future...These two projects use the Limited Edition stamps from Heartfelt Creations (which will soon be GONE FOR GOOD)...Hopefully they'll extend the deadline to order...

Innoscents Flowers Shadowbox

HCPC 2241 Innoscents Flowers Precut Set 1
HCPC 2242 Innoscents Flowers Precut Set 2
HCPC 3330 Elegant Autumn Swirl Precut Set
Zip Dry Glue
Petal Stylus Set

My Minds Eye Patterned Paper: Six by Six:  Blink of an Eye
VersaMagic ink:  Lipstick Red, Sea Breeze, Pixie Dust
Red Ribbon
White Cardstock
DCWV Blue cardstock
Felt Heart
Silver Bling
Diamond Stickles

Directions:  Stamp Flowers onto white cardstock using red ink.  Cut out flowers (cutting off smaller "under" petals to use as embellishments later).  Distress flower petals with pink ink.  Use embossing stylus to form petals and layer to assemble.  Attach felt heart and silver bling.  Stamp white base using blue ink then distress edges.  Attach red ribbon then adhere to patterned paper cut to fit inside shadowbox.  Paint shadowbox and apply Stickles to front edge of frame.  Insert decorative stamped panel then adhere flower to ribbon/panel.


Now, my second project is actually a HYBRID...Yep, that's right...I created something with ink, paper AND my computer...Wanna See???  Well, there is a really good reason for my madness today...I wanted to create a scrapbook page but didn't have any pictures.  REALLY?  Yep, I never have any pictures anymore...other than those on my digital camera and on my computer so I figured I'd try my hand at overlaying a photo onto a layout...SO HERE'S My FIRST HYBRID layout...

Here's the plain layout without a photo...
Here's the layout with a digital overlay using paint.net a FREE photo editing program I LOVE!!!
Here are a few close-up shots...



HCPC 2294 Aztec Gold Sunfowers
HCPC 2293 Aztec Gold Sunfowers 2
Glossy Accents

12x12 Opalescent White Cardstock base
12x12 My Minds Eye Lost and Found "Sunshine"
Colorbox Chalk Ink:  Dark Brown, Amber Clay, Yellow Citrus, Charcoal
Yellow Ribbon
Bling (colored with copic)
magazine print (ruffle)
pearl stick pins

Directions:  Stamp Variety of flowers onto 12x12 paper.  Color a few flowers with Copics.  Ruffle magazine print and apply some Amber Clay ink to distress a bit.  Attach to patterned paper cut 8x8.  Attach  ribbon then attach additional reverse portion of the patterned paper.  Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock and attach to yellow cardstock then to brown folded cardstock (interactive).  Attach embellishments to bow.  Add Diamond Glaze to  smallest sunflower after coloring, cutting out and attaching to bow.  Digitally added photo using paint.net (to resemble transparent overlay).

Now, I will be creating a transperancy to match the "Digital Version" because you know I JUST HAVE to have REAL touchy-feely stuff...not that old flat stuff!!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!! See you in 2012!!!


1 comment: