Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Roll the Die...Challenge

Hey stampers!

I spent some time this Sunday and Monday surfing blogs and looking at challenges (I wanna be at CHA!  WAHHHHH!!!!) and came across a challenge on the PaperTrey Ink blog.  One of the designers posted a video of a fun challenge for MAKE IT MONDAY Challenge #75called "Roll The Die" and it was quite interesting so I decided to give it a go... I did have to do a few modifications so I'll share them below.

First off, I downloaded the free worksheet to play in the challenge.  Thanks for the download...My ink cartridge pooped out right after the card sketches! LOL!!!

Next, I filled out the bottom portion of the worksheet using my computer.  Since I don't have any PTI products (WHY???  That's beyond me because I thought I had products from just about everyone!) I just made generic lists so I could pull from my massive collection of STUFF!!!

I didn't have a die so I used www.randomnumbergenerator to get my numbers.  I just selected the six-sided die option and started "rolling".

I also used the color inspiration seeds (www.design-seeds.com) for yesterday and today for my color selections.  

Finally I listed some generic embellishment combinations:
So What did I roll???

Orientation:  #6 VERTICAL CARD IT IS!
Sketch:  #6 so I'm making this sketch:
This is the color combo inspiration selected from www.designseeds.com (July 16):
SOOOO...After about an hour in my craft room, here's what I came up with...It was harder than I thought to color match these colors!!!  
Everything I used has been in my craft room forever!  I've been hoarding the cardstock on the base forever because I love the texture (it's actually Japanese paper from Hanko Designs).  The other papers are Bazzill and DCWV.  I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and decided to use it like letterpress paper.  I used my Scor-pal to emboss the edge of the banner too.  Rubbing a bit of white ink over the embossing really brought out the dimension on the CB'd background don't you think?  The butterfly stamp is from a TAC set (It might be available again through Red Rubber Designs).  The sentiment is from a Studio G dollar set from my collection.
It was really fun to do this challenge and I hope to try it again soon.  

1 comment:

  1. I love using the cuttle bug. Good idea using the white ink to make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete