Tuesday, July 30, 2013

heartfelt creations alumni hop...UPDATE! WINNER WINNER

Hello stampers!
Today I'm joining fellow Heartfelt Creations Design Team Alum in the monthly hop, hop, hop of inspiration and fun. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to visit the booth (or the show for that matter) at CHA in Vegas this past week, so I locked myself in my stamping room and got busy pretending I was there.

For today's creation, I dreamed of cooler weather and adding to my Christmas Cards basket...Yes, like many other stampers, I try to be a bit prepared and make cards for Christmas throughout the year. I guess, Christmas is in your heart all year, so I'm thinking it's appropriate to make them any time I want.
This card was created by first stamping the image onto white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Next, I created a mask using a cut out of the skyline image. Then I used Memento Bahama Blue, Danube Blue and a bit of Tuxedo black to create the sky. After that, I added additional color to the scene using a variety of Copic Markers. Finally, I applied a bit of white pen to the star and some of the images to give it the added reflection. Adding the shiny bling dot was an obvious choice on the North Star. The image was cut out using Spellbinders Ovals die and was distressed using Ranger Vintage Photo ink before being popped up using pop-dots.

The card base was originally stamped and clear embossed with the sentiment repeatedly along 3/4 of the bottom but I didn't care for that combination so I searched for the perfect patterned paper that would compliment the image. I think the crown paper from MME Lost and Found Two (Breeze) was just the perfect match, don't you think??? I attached this paper onto the kraft card base (A2) and corner rounded the bottom edges. Distressing again with vintage photo ink blended the papers together. Finally, I tied some brown ribbon around the card and adhered the beautiful image.
Thanks for stopping by my little stampie place. If you're interested in winning a $25.00 gift certificate to Heartfelt Creations Store, make sure to comment on each Alum's post. Emma Lou and the fam at Heartfelt Creations will be selecting a winner from all comments on all blogs so you'll have until Friday Aug. 2 at MIDNIGHT to comment! I'll come back on Saturday to announce the winner!!! Now, head on over to Lisa's blog for some more inspiration!

Blog Hop Roll:

Kerry Urbatch: That's ME!
Lisa Allen

Thanks for stopping by! See you inkin' around.
Ker

Products used to create this card:

Kraft card base
White cardstock for image
Memento Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue, Danube Blue
Ranger Distress ink Vintage Photo
Reminisce white pen
Copic Markers: C3, C5; BV31, 23, 17; B45, 63, 66; FB2; E43, 51, 33; BG93; G82; W1; YR00
HCPC 3430 Shepherd Scene Precut Set
Spellbinders Classic Ovals

THE WINNER OF THE 25 DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE TO HEARTFELT CREATIONS STORE COMES FROM LISA ALLEN'S POST. CONGRATULATIONS CINDY CHALMERS!!! PLEASE CONTACT EMMA LOU AT HEARTFELT CREATIONS (VIA EMAIL JULY ALUMNI HOP WINNER) TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE.

Here are her winning comments:

Lisa's Blog:
From Caroline's Blog:
From Vicki's Blog:
From Alissa's Blog:
From My Blog:
From Nataliya's Blog:
From Mary's Blog:

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!! To all those who joined the hop, we appreciate you taking the time to stop by and leave comments!!! Please come back again next month and YOU just might win the prize!!!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!Great image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made this a mini work of art! I love the sky you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Christmas card!! You colored the scene beautifully and how you did the sky is something I will remember and try! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is excellent! Really well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I really should get started on my Christmas cards! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaw dropping gorgeous! It's a little work of art. I'm loving it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card.....I really like the ribbon wrap to add texture. Thank you for sharing it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the way use have used the ribbon..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that stamp and it is a favorite. I love the coloring of the sky. I hadn't thought to use a mask, but I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fabulous and fabulous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always a good idea to get a jump start on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very talented when colouring the Copic markers the blending and shading gives great depth to the image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Fab coloring of one of my fave sets from HC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Your coloring makes the stamped images look 3D! Amazing job! Heartfelt Creations has such gorgeous products don't they? I know they are my favorite! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete