Friday, January 30, 2015

Gettin' Sketchy...

Hello stamping friends!

It's FRIDAY and WOOO HOO...Time to get stamping!  I've got the whole weekend to have some inky fun and tonight, I got the weekend started with some watercolors, some ribbon and a little sketchie-poo!

Here's the sketch:
And here's my TAKE on the sketch...
I'm loving the sketch challenges at MFT and this week the sketch led me into a not-so-typical-for-me direction.  This week I tweaked the sketch from the regular A2 cards to a 6x6 square card.  It seemed all the while I was adding the layers for the central focus of the card, SQUARE was CALLING to me.  SOooooo...I listened.
I am continuing to honor my goal of using up my stash so I pulled out the patterned paper (Old MME) and some older/retired Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collections stamps called Heartfelt.  I really love the sentiments in this set and find them perfectly suited for cards I send to close friends and family.

To create the colorful watercolor panel, I used blues and reds on a wet canvas then spritzed with some Creamsicle Glimmer Mist and rubbed a bit of Gold Gelatos on it.  I stamped the edge of the MME paper using Tea Stain Distress Ink and the filagree stamp in the set.  I also distressed the papers with the Tea Stain ink.  

To finish the card off, I added a ribbon; ric-rack replaced the scalloped edge, the pink ribbon replaced the banner in the sketch, a button for the circle, and some sparkly Stickles over the blue portions of the watercoloring.  I also added a few sequins, just for kicks. Distressing the card base helped unite the base with the "aged/distressed" look of the front panel.

I hope you enjoyed this card- now I'm off to my room to play some more!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch... great detail in the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the bits of sparkle spread throughout and the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, this is so soft and pretty! And I loove that you made it into a square. Super inventive, my friend.

    ReplyDelete